This is for practitioners to read before attending our meditation classes in colorado springs, online and our meditation & movement retreats.
2016 Responsibilities for Practitioners and Teachers at Mahakala Radio
The responsibilities we ask of ALL our participants are:
1. Do the meditation practices that are given in the class
2. Stay within the time-frame of the class
3. Apply the meditation practice in your life to the best of your ability
4. Be clear about your intention in participating and return to that daily
5. Do not misuse your meditation practice, other practitioners or the teacher/student relationship for your emotional needs
6. Be curious, ask questions, be willing to practice and open to the effects & results
7. Come to class willing to speak about your sitting & daily life meditation practice during the previous week
Responsible contact with other participants
In many meditation courses, we request in-person participants to contact an online participant at least 1x during the course. Guidelines will be provided & a sign-up sheet will be distributed for this purpose. We do not monitor these interactions. This is a way to meet another practitioner & apply what you are learning. We expect all participants to show up with respect, kindness and mindfulness. An email list will be sent to you to set up a time with another participant. We expect you to not misuse the email list or the discussion.
Responsibilities of our distance participants
1. Email us at least one time a week, at least three days before the next scheduled meditation class date. We want to know about your practice, questions/concerns or anything you would like discussed in the next class.
2. If you have a personal practice concern that needs immediate attention, let us know & we may request to talk in-person.
3. We offer distant participants one private meditation consultation during the course. This is to support you as a practitioner & there is no extra fee. This appointment can be with Jeff or Gail, your choice.
Jeff Bickford and Gail Gustafson have the following responsibilities:
1. To respond in a timely manner & address what is presented by each individual
2. To teach what we know through experience
3. To train practitioners through interactive methods in tools and methods on their path
4. To point out emotional, physical and mental blocks/patterns & to provide means to address them
5. To not misuse the teacher/student or the teacher/teacher relationship
6. To introduce the possibility of living from a different view & finding your way
*A teacher cannot: do the work for you, save another person, answer your deepest questions